MINI COTTON CANDY COOKIE CAKES
How To Cake It
HOW TO CAKE IT ARTIST ALLY (@SUGARPUSHER)
- ½ cup (1 stick butter), unsalted butter, softened to room temp
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk*
- 1 ½ teaspoons cotton candy extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon cotton candy extract
- salt, to taste
- Optional: pink food coloring
- Mini Cookie Cakes
- Nostalgia Cotton Candy Maker
- Nostalgia Cotton Candy Party Kit
COOKIE CAKE INGREDIENTS
COOKIE CAKE INSTRUCTIONS
Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter for 1 minute on medium speed. Once smooth, add the sugar and beat on medium speed until fluffy and light. Beat in egg, egg yolk, and extract. Scrape down the side of bowl as needed.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cornstarch. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. The dough is quite thick. Divide dough into 3 parts, leaving one as is then coloring the other two pink and blue. Gently swirl the 3 colors together.
- Scoop cookie dough evenly into mini baking pans. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until very lightly browned on top. Do not overbake. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.
Beat butter until smooth. Add in powdered sugar and beat a couple of minutes. Slowly add in heavy cream then extract & beat on medium high speed for 3-5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add a pinch of salt to lessen sweetness.
Frost mini cookie cakes then decorate with cotton candy sugar from the Cotton Candy Party Kit
- Use the Nostalgia Cotton Candy Maker to make fresh cotton candy
- Top the cakes with cotton candy