The Sweet Secret Santa Sweepstakes
No purchase of any kind is necessary to enter or win. Purchase does not enhance chance of winning. Open to all citizens and legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are 21 years of age or older except where excluded as described in these rules. Void where prohibited by law.
By entering this sweepstakes, I ACCEPT THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THEM. I CONFIRM THAT I AM AT LEAST 21 YEARS OF AGE AT THE TIME OF OPT-IN and a Legal resident of the United States or the district of Columbia. BY ENTERING THESE SWEEPSTAKES, I AGREE TO SIGN UP AND RECEIVE email communication AND SPECIAL OFFERS FROM NOSTALGIA INC., HOW TO CAKE IT, INC. (“Promotion Partners”) and i understand that information i provide will be shared among these Promotion Partners. I ACKNOWLEDGE NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY AND A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE MY CHANCES OF WINNING.
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD. The Sweet Secret Santa Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes” or “Promotion”) begins at 12:00 a.m. on November 29, 2022, Eastern Time and ends at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on December 13, 2022 (the “Promotion Period”). Entries may be submitted anytime during the Promotion Period.
- HOW TO ENTER. At the beginning of the Entry Period, you may enter the Sweepstakes by visiting the sweepstakes site https://nostalgiaproducts.com/pages/howtocakeit (the “Sweepstakes Site”) and completing the Sweepstakes entry form. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person/email address. The use of an agency or any automated system to enter is strictly prohibited and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries received through such methods, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Alternatively, you may enter by mail by sending, on a plain 3” by 5” index card, legibly hand-printed or typed, an entry with your first name, last name, complete mailing address, telephone number with area code, and email address (if any, and if you wish to provide it), to “Sweet Secret Santa Sweepstakes” c/o Nostalgia, INC. (“Sponsor”) at 1471 Partnership Rd, Green Bay, WI 54304. Mailed entries must be mailed with sufficient postage and postmarked during, and received no later than, three (3) days after the end of the Promotion Period and will be entered into the drawings after receipt. All electronic entries must be sent during, and received prior to the end of, the Promotion Period to be eligible. Maximum of one entry per individual entrant. Entrants with multiple entries will be disqualified.
- AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these “Official Rules” and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules.
- ELIGIBILITY. The Sweepstakes is open solely to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding residents of Alaska, Hawaii, Rhode Island, overseas military installations, Puerto Rico, and other U.S. Territories) who are at least 21 years of age at the time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of NOSTALGIA PRODUCTS, LLC., HOW TO CAKE IT, INC. (each, a “Promotion Partner”, collectively “Promotion Partners”), and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, advertisers, marketing and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of promotion materials, representatives, and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings or spouses) or members of the same household (whether related or not) are not eligible to enter.
- Sweepstakes prize will be awarded to one winning entrant (“Winner”). Winner will be randomly drawn after the close of the Promotion Period. The prize includes a Visa Gift Card, A How To Cake It Electronic Gift Card, Nostalgia Vintage Hard & Sugar-Free Candy Original Cotton Candy Maker, Nostalgia Cotton Candy Party Kit, Nostalgia 3-Tier 1.5-Pound Chocolate Fondue Fountain, Nostalgia Indoor Electric Stainless Steel S'mores Maker with 4 Lazy Susan Compartment Trays for Graham Crackers, Chocolate, Marshmallows and 4 Roasting Forks, Nostalgia 2-Quart Electric Ice Cream Maker With Candy Crusher, Aqua/Stainless Steel, Nostalgia MyMini Flip Belgian Waffle Maker, Nostalgia Vintage 2.5-Ounce Kettle Popcorn Maker. Prize has an approximate total retail value of $719.85. Only one winner will win the Sweepstakes. Winner will not receive the value of any difference between the approximate retail value and actual retail value of the prize(s). Prize(s) will not be replaced if lost or stolen, or not redeemed, and are not redeemable for cash, unless required by law. Promotion Partners shall not be responsible for any prize that is not redeemed or forfeited.
- ODDS OF WINNING. Prizes will be awarded to one winner after the close of the promotion period. Odds of winning depend on number of entries received.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION. Winner will be notified by email on or about December 14, 2022. Winner who does not respond to requests for confirmation or verification of information within three (3) days of transmission of notification forfeits his/her prize(s). In the event of prize forfeiture, or if an entrant is deemed ineligible for any reason as set forth below, and an alternate winner may be selected from the entry pool. Winner may be required to sign and return, where applicable, an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and where legally permissible a publicity release. The potential winner will be selected in a random drawing within five (5) working days of the sweepstakes entry period closing, from all eligible entries received by the Sponsor. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for the Sweepstakes. By entering the Sweepstakes, Entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. At the discretion of Sponsor, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following: (1) Winner’s failure to respond to winner notification within three (3) days of transmission; (2) the return of a notification as undeliverable after one (1) attempt; (3) Winner’s failure to timely provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency within three (3) days of initial winner notification; (4) Winner’s failure to execute and return an affidavit of Eligibility/Liability/Publicity Release or requested tax information or W9 within three (3) days of its transmission; or (5) any other non-compliance with these Official Rules. To collect prize(s), Winner will be contacted directly by Nostalgia Products, LLC. for instructions. Failure to return required documentation results in forfeiture of the prize components and full release of Sponsors’ responsibility to provide the prize(s) and other prize components.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS. The agreement covered by these Official Rules is governed by the State of Wisconsin. Any federal, state/provincial/territorial, and local taxes, fees and surcharges and taxes (whether foreign or domestic, and including income, sales, and import taxes) on prizes are the sole responsibility of Winner. Prizes not redeemable for cash, unless required by law, or transferable. No substitutions. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant warrants that he/she has read and agrees to abide by all these Official Rules.
- PERMISSION TO PUBLISH. Entrants grant Promotion Partners permission to publish his/her name, town/city and state of residency on their websites or promotional materials in the event of winning. Entrants also grant permission to release full names on a Winner’s list to individuals requesting a mailed copy of same.
- Limitation of liability. Promotion Partners and their respective successors, assigns, affiliates, subsidiaries, parent, advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents, and any and all Internet servers and access provider(s) are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; human error; technical malfunctions; failures, omissions, interruption, deletion, or defect of any telephone network, computer online systems, computer equipment, server providers, or software, including any injury or damage to your or any other computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Promotion; inability to access the Website; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; transactions that are processed late or incorrectly or are incomplete or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site; printing or human or other errors; and any entries which are late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, or any combination thereof. Online submission is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. By entering this Promotion, you agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless each Promotion Partner, their assigns, their respective representatives and agents, their marketing, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective affiliated companies, employees, officers, directors and shareholders, from and against all claims and damages or liability arising in connection with your participation and/or entry in the Promotion and/or your receipt or use of any prize awarded in this Promotion or due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Promotion-related activity or participation in this Promotion. Except where prohibited by law, the Winner's entry and acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Promotion Partner and its assigns to use said Winner's names, photographs, likenesses, statements, biographical information, voices, and city and state addresses on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation. If by reason of a printing or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these rules, all persons making purportedly valid claims will be included in a random drawing to award the advertised number of prizes available in the prize category in question. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded. You further understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States that may be applicable with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. You acknowledge that Section 1542 provides that: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” Promotion Partners make no warranty with respect to the prizes awarded. In the event of any claim or dispute, entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the Courts of the State of Wisconsin and application of Wisconsin law without regard to choice of laws. Without limiting the foregoing, by entering, each entrant agrees that (a) disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes or any prize(s) awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event will attorney’s fees be awarded or recoverable. The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims.
- Important NOTICE. You may be charged for visiting the mobile website in accordance with the terms of your service agreement with your carrier. Please contact your wireless service provider regarding your pricing plan. You must use a Smartphone device to participate via your mobile phone. Not all mobile phone providers carry the necessary service to participate. Check your phone capabilities for specific Internet instructions. If your data usage exceeds what is allotted by your data plan, you could be subject to additional fees by your carrier. Please contact your mobile service provider with any questions regarding your bill.
- COPY OF OFFICIAL RULES. To obtain a list of prize Winner(s) or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by the Sweepstakes to c/o “Sweet Secret Sweepstakes,” c/o Nostalgia Products, LCC 1471 Partnership Rd, Green Bay, WI 54304. You must specify what you are requesting. Vermont residents may omit the return postage requirement.
- Right to cancel or suspend contest. If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, due to technical failures, or any other causes beyond the exclusive control of Sponsor, or that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes, or to disqualify any individual(s) who tamper(s) with the entry process.
- Sweepstakes Sponsor is Nostalgia Products, LLC.
- SWEEPSTAKES PLATFORM. The Sweepstakes hosting platform is https://nostalgiaproducts.com/pages/how-to-cake-it.
- Sponsors may assign their rights under these Official Rules. Please contact Nostalgia Products, LLC at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- INDEPENDENT PROMOTION PARTNERS. The Promotion Partners are independent of one another, and nothing herein shall constitute (or be deemed to constitute in law or in equity) a partnership, agency, fiduciary, employment, or joint venture relationship between the Promotion Partners. The Promotion Partners are not, and will not be deemed to be, the legal representative or agent of any other, nor shall any of the Promotion Partners have the right or authority to assume, create, or incur any third-party liability or obligation of any kind, express or implied, against or in the name of or on behalf of another. In addition, none of the Promotion Partners shall be deemed to be a member of a partnership with the other for tax or any other purpose other than as set forth herein.